As a painter, color has always been my first love. Not digital, electronic color but pigment color: the 12 colors in the color wheel-mixing the stuff on a palette or directly on a canvas. So, when I came up with the hexagonaloctagon design, I immediately thought of the color wheel series: 12 octagon shaped canvases, one for each color in the color wheel.
My favorite part of this series is how the small open space in the middle of each hexagonal design is its opposite color. For example, inside the orange canvas you see the blue canvas's color and vice versa. When viewed all 12 together, they visually communicate with each other; yes! Opposites attract each other.
I also like the way the canvases can be hung: 8 corners, 8 sides, etc.. Think of the permutations! Amazing!! Finally, I made the stretchers, used cotton duck canvas, and Utrecht acrylic paint to create this series. Be enjoyed! Please leave a comment and take a card.
After years of performing plastic surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess – Milton, Carney Hospital in Dorchester, Quincy Medical Center, and South Shore Hospital in Weymouth, plastic surgeon Kenneth P. Gilbert, MD, has begun treating South Shore Dermatology Physician (SSDP) patients in the group’s Roche Bros. Way location.
- Viraj Shroff-Mehta, MD Article on Dermatologic Drugs
- Ed Cunningham in the SSDP Gallery
- Double Chin
- Urvi Mehta in the SSDP Gallery
- Pucker up with savings on lip rejuvenation in February
- SSDP hosts evening of beauty, Wednesday, November 29
- New SSDP dermatologist looks forward to providing lifelong care for patients
- First SSDP physician assistant aims for clinical excellence in her new position
- Outrunning Homelessnes
- SSDP doctors provide free skin cancer screenings for the community in May
- Artist Profile: Cindy Greenstein
- Soaring drug prices put physicians, patients on alert
- Lindsay Eminger, MD Published in Prominent Dermatology Journal
- Well-known dermatology educator joins SSDP team
- SSDP teams up to help students impacted by homelessness
- Clearing the air on sun protection
- Dermatology Professor Assumes New Role at SSDP
- Time to Take Heed of Lyme Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Steve Shostek in the SSDP Gallery
- Shower yourself with cosmetic savings in April
- New electronic medical records debut at South Shore Derm
- Lindsay Eminger, MD, Joins SSDP
- Spot be gone! A lesson in benign growth removal
- SSDP patients put sun safety first
- Mary Cawley at the SSDP Gallery
- Preventing the itch of poison ivy