Rising prescription costs have become an obstacle to patient care. We are honored to have our own SSDP's Dr. Viraj Shroff-Mehta featured in Practical Dermatology's 2018 year end issue! Thanks to Bonnie Darves, healthcare writer and editor, for covering this critical and timely topic of rising drug costs. Read on to see the concerns that dermatologists have about their patients' access to essential prescription medications.
I started drawing in elementary school. When I was young I found the vivid colors of my tropical fish fascinating. As I grew older the bright uniforms of sports teams added to my interest in color. Then I discovered the brilliant shades of various birds and flowers. The Disney cartoons filled my head with even more variations, and I noticed how the intensity of the colors livened up the action in Disney’s stories.
When I came back from Korea, in my early twenties, the G.I. Bill offered a free education. I grabbed at the chance to go to art school, and enrolled in Mass College of Art in Boston.The professors liked my work and encouraged me.I decided to become a high school art teacher and football coach.Interesting combination! In my mid-thirties, I became the Arts and Crafts director for a summer camp in Maine.
I retired from teaching at 65, but continued coaching for ten more years. Two years ago, at age 85, after fifty years of work at the summer camp, I finally retired completely. However, I’m presently exploring a position teaching art to mentally delayed people at a local school.
- Double Chin
- Urvi Mehta in the SSDP Gallery
- Pucker up with savings on lip rejuvenation in February
- SSDP hosts evening of beauty, Wednesday, November 29
- New SSDP dermatologist looks forward to providing lifelong care for patients
- First SSDP physician assistant aims for clinical excellence in her new position
- Outrunning Homelessnes
- SSDP doctors provide free skin cancer screenings for the community in May
- Artist Profile: Cindy Greenstein
- Soaring drug prices put physicians, patients on alert
- Lindsay Eminger, MD Published in Prominent Dermatology Journal
- Well-known dermatology educator joins SSDP team
- SSDP teams up to help students impacted by homelessness
- Clearing the air on sun protection
- Dermatology Professor Assumes New Role at SSDP
- Time to Take Heed of Lyme Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Steve Shostek in the SSDP Gallery
- Shower yourself with cosmetic savings in April
- New electronic medical records debut at South Shore Derm
- Lindsay Eminger, MD, Joins SSDP
- Spot be gone! A lesson in benign growth removal
- SSDP patients put sun safety first
- Mary Cawley at the SSDP Gallery
- Preventing the itch of poison ivy